Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dealing with Government departments

I always get a shiver up my spine when I have to deal with a government department. They are some of the worst in the world. Unfortunately I had to get my car licence renewed this morning so I had to go stand in a queue at the licencing department. It wasn't as bad as i though it would be. In fact the actual people in the queue were more annoying than the government workers. You always get such a mix of people at these places. There is the Seapoint Jewish coog who doesn't really go to places where there is no doorman, but has to now queue to get her licence, and pretends that she knows nothing... " Oh do I stand here", " sorry I didn't get that form, is it ok if I just give you this". Then there is the old couple who wants to tell EVERYBODY about the car they bought and what a mission it has been to register it. There is also the young guy who is trying to impress people by talking about his car and then shouting at the clerk behind the window about how incompetent the system is and how he refuses to register his car.... that's great buddy, cut your nose to spite your own face. But my personal favourite is the muslim woman with the scarf and three children going to the window, being told that something is wrong, and then asks if "Whafuun is working today", or "is Nuwhaal not in yet"...because her auntie or cousin or brothers cousin or sisters next door neighbours' cousins' wife's father in law mos works for the licencing department and said he will sort out her R1000 fine for late licence. Its a real test to patience going to any government department.

No comments:

My Travells