Monday, April 12, 2010

One is such funny number

My friend Bruce is in town with his one man show called "Little Poof". We obviously went to see it on Friday night (opening night) an then again on Saturday with the group of friends. It is easily the best show I have seen in a very VERY long time. I always knew Bruce was very talented because while living with me, he used to sing all the time in the shower, while making tea, so I knew the guy could sing. So it was no surprise to me when EVERYBODY else kept on saying how talented he was.

The show is a representation of some of the characters in the gay circle, and include some straight characters, and some 'exploring" ones. There is even a Tokolosh!!! (that's a little mythical medicine man in black culture) What amazed me was how successfully he slipped into the different characters, and how changed the slightest nuance in his voice, or a slight hand gesture to make the character completely believable and the accents were spot on.

If you are in Cape Town, you need to go and see this show immediately. It is showing at Beefcakes in Greenpoint until the 24th of April.

No comments:

My Travells