Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Meaning of Christmas

I nearly rolled my car this morning while listening to the radio. Once again the not so clever DJ (Garreth Cliffe), had a woman phone in saying that her daughter got told by a boy slightly older than her that Christmas Father does not exist. She was very upset because she did not want her daughter to loose the "magic" of Christmas. I understand all of this, but what bugged me more than anything, was when the woman said: "my daughter asked me if there is no Father Christmas, what is the point of Christmas, and I had nothing to say to her."...... My first reaction was, why don't you tell her about the birth of Christ you Godless freak!!!!

I really could not understand how there are really people in the world who either do not believe in God or Jesus, or who really did not know that we celebrate Christmas Because of Christ's birth. I mean really CHRISTmas...... Because no matter what you believe, the fact of the matter is that Christmas is a holiday, only because of the birth of Christ, so show some respect, even if you don't believe it.


I have no hope for our Godless nation of people.

6 comments:

wozzel said...

oh wow. That is INCREDIBILY sad!!! there are a million answers she could have given her daughter. Even if they were not religious people. Christmas is also a time for family and good spirit. Of rememberance and so on. I do believe in the birth of Jesus, so that is where i stand on the issue, but for people to base the entire reason on a man in a red suit and fake beard? that is just sad.

JCLL said...

Increadibly Sad!!!

JCLL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ha ha i'm the complete opposite. Christmas doesn't really mean much to me. I would have told her christmas used to be about christ now its been made into a joke. I think it needs to be taken back by the christians.

JCLL said...

AMEN

JCLL said...

AMEN

My Travells