Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Camino and me

I have been thinking about the trip I am about to undertake at the end of the year. At the onset, I was very eager to do the Camino and had no issue with the walking, the weather or anything about it. However, in the past week or two, I have been having second thoughts. I now worry about walking with a backpack for 17 days. About my shoes being too small, about the right socks, about being cold. In fact I now worry about almost everything!!! I do think the more books I read about the Camino, the more I am being put off it. At the moment I am reading a book written by a South African who did the Camino when he was in his 60's. He did all this pre-Camino training, and preparation. The only preparation I did, was to buy walking shoes.

I know I will be ok, but maybe I am just a little scared of the unknown, and it is a daunting task ahead of me. I have to constantly remind myself that he is 60, and I am much younger, so the walking issue is not really an issue to me.

That all said, I am still very excited to do the walk, and can not wait to get there. I have such high expectations for it to be a great success. As long as I just constantly remind myself why I am doing it and what I am doing, I will be fine. Inshallah.

No comments:

My Travells