Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent 2009

Its started. The most important time in our Christian calender, and also the most special time in my life. I am a absolute sucker for Christmas. Its the best time of the year for me. I listen to Christmas carols in my car, I get all excited and get all happy for no reason. But it is also the most important time of the year for my soul. Its when I reflect on my life over the past year, what I have done to dishonor God. Sometimes its a very sad time, because I remember allot of ugly stuff. Tristan and I joined a church discussion group on Sunday (1st Sunday of Advent), and we will be discussing Luke. Our priest explained how Luke made it very clear that we should live a balanced life. It helps nothing being a very morally strong person, with no compassion for those who fault in our moral framework.

This bugged me a bit, because I know I am not balanced like that at all. If people do not fall within my moral framework, I have zero compassion for them and most often reject them. I need to work on this.

I think it is very apt that we are going to spend the biggest part of advent on a holy pilgrimage. i cant wait to be on the Camino during Christmas. The only thing that really hurts is that I will not see my family before I leave, nor on Christmas. This will be only the second Christmas in my entire 33 years, that I will not spend with my family.....

1 comment:

wozzel said...

It really is a beautiful thing this. To remember, to give thanks, to honor and all the other stuff that goes with it. for me, this time of the year has always been a time I go into complete hermit mode. It’s not a time of the year that always carried happiness in the past, but I find that this year is different. Maybe, no, because, this time round, I am different. I’m hoping to find a sense of peace somewhere out there this year. Jeeez, I think I might feel a blog post coming.

Happy holidays to you and yours :)

My Travells