Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why I dont like cats

This morning our female cat, Tefnut, just strengthened my dislike of cats. I must however admit that I have grown very VERY fond of our two, but in general do not like cats. Tefnut decided to bring her latest toy into the house this morning. She was carrying a mouse in her mouth and tried to hide behind a couch with it. I spotted her and shouted at her to take it outside, and she promptly did. Then I saw her about 20 min later in the alley, playing with the mouse. At first I thought it was ok, a little gross but ok. Until I realised the mouse was still alive and trying desperately to get away. I tried to get the mouse away from her, but she would just grab it and actually growl at me. She ran into the neighbours garden where I could not get to her and continued her torture of the mouse. The poor mouse thought he had struck a lucky break a few times, when she let him go and made him believe he is free to run away. Clearly traumatised and disorientated, he tried to burrow into a rock, only to be picked up by Tefnut, lying on her back and pretending he is a ball of string.

It was the most barbaric thing I have ever seen, and I will not be friends with her for a long time. I have told Tristan to find her a new home, coz i do not want murderers in our house.

As for those "cat people" who are sitting at home reading this and telling me how "natural" it is and it is "natures way"....BULLSHIT!!! You are all trying to justify your own macabre adoration of these brutal acts, and should be ashamed of yourselves. Just because it is in their nature, doesn't mean it cant be beaten out of them, and doesn't mean we have to laugh at it and think it is cute!!!1

No comments:

My Travells