Friday, May 22, 2009

Its me


I had a conversation with someone (very close to me) this week. He remarked on how I have so many pet hates and dislikes, and how I so often say that "I hate" something on TV or around me. Then he sort of challenged me to try and find something positive to say about something on TV. Now..... The problem lies in this.


Firstly, if you know me well enough, you will know that I always say what I think, and I mostly think everything around me is inferior to what it should be or what it should be like according to me. I am also very judgmental, and have very strong convictions about most things. Therefore, I will always say what I think, and most of the time I am thinking how stupid other people are and how annoyed I am getting with their stupidity.


Secondly, I am not one of those Tony Robbins wanna be, channeling the secret kinda guys. I will not go around looking for something positive to say even if there is nothing. If there is something nice to be said, I will say it.


So my answer to this person (very close to me), is this. This is who I am. I am a judgemental person with very strong convictions about almost everything. I don't judge people and condemn them, but I do look at most people and things from a cynical point of view. I am not going to change.

1 comment:

Suchi said...

nice write up :) reading this made me smile, cos i also write exactly like this.
but the things is, recently i went to a wrokshop which started as a gender one but became something entirely different. there all the participants personalities were analysed and your type would be easily called 'entrenched'. that is whoever your are, you are so deeply entrenched in it, that you rubbish all advices given for your personal growth....dont know if i am putting my foot in the wrong polace....but think over it....

My Travells