Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tron Legacy

We went to see Tron Legacy on Friday (3D). Growing up in the 80's and being a Tron-kid, I was soooo excited to go and watch this, and I was not disappointed. It had some of the original soundtrack which made it feel very 80's but enough new fantastic graphics and stuff to make it more modern. Apart from the fact that I had to explain to everybody who I went with what and who Tron is and what the original was about, it was great.

Now, to all those kill joys out there....
1) The purists: It will never be Tron but it is not trying to be the original. This is a sequel and is set in the present.

2) To the teenybopping techno freaks. OF COURSE the new Tron will have better graphics than the original. That is because technology has improved in the past 20 years. We all expected Tron Legacy to be more and "better". The fact is that the original was ground breaking in its day and was a great escapists movie for us youngsters during that time.

So all in all, I thought Tron Legacy was fantastic. I still want to buy and own the original even if I do watch it and think it looks crap.

PS: The movie on Friday made me miss my childhood and my cousin who is living abroad and was even more of a Tron-kid than me.

No comments:

My Travells