Thursday, January 27, 2011

The great gay hope

In the past few months I have become friendly with an older gentleman at gym. (I always make friends with EVERYBODY) We always seem to be in the sauna at around the same time, so we started greeting each other and then of course started chatting. So in the past few weeks I have been telling him about our house we bought and the renovations and stuff. I also made it clear that I have a boyfriend. So this week he suddenly asks me how long we have been together. I proudly say this year we will be together for 3 years. His response is: " ja, this year, I will be with my partner for 45 years...."

He met his partner while he was at Uni and then shortly after that left for a 3 year bursary in Germany. In this three years they wrote to each other all the time and when he came back after 3 years, they got together again. This is such a nice story. I am so happy to see that gay couples are still alive and faithful.

The best part of it all is that he still has all the letters they wrote to each other while he was in Germany.

That is sooooo romantic and nice.

3 comments:

wozzel said...

And your post title is perfect. I know growing up I never had many great gay examples, and all I “knew” was that gay men were generally unfaithful. All I ever wanted was the “great gay hope” - so reading stories like this is awesome!!! thanks for sharing :)

Tony said...

That's SO cute. Why can't I find a romantic guy :(

BosGuy said...

Sounds like an amazing romance.

My Travells