Monday, October 19, 2009

Our National Carrier

This is a friends account of an incident with SAA (South African Assholes) this morning:

I HATE SAA

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really hate them! For so many reasons, and which just keep adding up.

So this morning I'm up at 4am (yes, can you believe) to get ready and get to airport to fly at 6:10am to Richards Bay. I'm in the queue at 5:25am. It takes a few minutes. Get to checkin. Chap does his thing, says oh, flight full, go speak to that lady in red at the counter at the end (already I'm starting to get ratty). I wait at her counter for around 15 minutes (issues in front of me), then hear her speaking to the people in front of me saying Richards Bay flight full. Its now 5:45am. I lean over and say, I have a ticket, why full, She tells me flight already closed, full, overbooked yadda yadda. Best they can do is 10am flight. So I miss my first big meeting!

Then I have to go to ticket counter (did get a free voucher, altho I think that's less a prize and more a punishment). While in the queue, some people in front giving hassles to the SAA lady putting out the queuing ropes, and she then proceeds to shout at them, and swear incl F*ck.

I'm by now just generally mad with SAA, so I walk over, say excuse me, you're airline staff, you can't be swearing and shouting like that. Oh she says, are you picking on me because I'm black? No, I say, because you're rude. What is your name? Nope, she won't tell me. See someone behind the counter I think is a supervisor. She isn't. But SHE won't tell me the first bitch's name or her own, and of course not a single one is wearing an ID that you can see.

By now I am smoking out my ears, fire pouring out my mouth, claws on all limbs and horns on my head.

I HATE SAA SO MUCH RIGHT NOW

Did find a supervisor (Dries) who was very helpful, and quite shocked. Gave him details, showed him the second lady, unfortunately the first fat one had walked off (probably to go for tea) so couldn't point her out.

But once I've finished breakfast here, will walk up there again, and detour around the ticket counter on way to security, to see if I can see her.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Tell it as it is ... don't hold back :p

My Travells